What is PWS® wet scrubber for combustion ?
The series of PWS® BIOMASS wet scrubbers is dedicated to the filtration of emissions (dusts, nitrogen oxides, sulphur oxides, ammonia, phenols...) originated from combustion of virgin wood (chipped or in pieces), scraps from sawmill, carpentry and woodwork shops, scraps of building and old timber (furniture, packaging, sawdust, wood shaving, etc) pellets and a whole series of scraps of solid biomass.
The PWS® wet scrubber can be efficiently designed to achieve the desired target, so it is suitable for reducing emissions present in flows of different sizes: from a few hundred m3/h up to 30,000 m3/h and more.
The main applications of this type of technology are:
- plants for removal of particulates and tar from syngas;
- plants for the combustion of different biomass with an high quantity of humidity and nitrogen;
- combustion plants powered with scraps of carpentry and furniture;
- heating systems powered with woody biomass (wood chips)
PWS®: how does it work?
The abatement process is based on the physical-mechanical properties of the fluids and the gases. Thanks to a precise optimization of the reaction time, of the speed and of levels of pressure, it is possible to maximize the contact surface between the liquid and the pollutants. In this way it is possible to substantially reduce the concentrations of the dusts and of the other harmful molecules present in the gaseous flow.
Activating the recirculating pump, located on the base of the PWS® scrubber, the washing fluid present in the collecting tank is pressed in the abatement system. This is the heart of the equipment: here, the peculiar constructive geometry, forces the contact between the washing fluid and the airflow coming from the boiler. In this way the pollutants and the dusts are absorbed and washed.
The collecting tank is the place where the washing water is handled. It’s equipped with automatic sensors, that continuously measure the liquid level; it also contains an automatic system for the separation and the collection of the removed dusts, equipped with a discharge motorized roller.
The PWS® is equipped with an electric panel that, with a remote contact, provides the automatic start of the equipment itself.
Taking into account the used fuels, the airflow features and the process management methods, Tecnosida® choose the best solution about the re-use of the washing fluid and define the discharge and disposal timing. Contact Tecnosida to receive specific advice according to your technical situation!
Strenghts of the PWS® system
The PWS® system:
- can treat air containing high concentrations of dusts and ashes preserving a considerable filtration efficiency. This shows the possibility of using this scrubber with multi-fuels boilers, powered with biomasses containing high quantities of chlorine, metals and ashes;
- is a non-selective filter that acts at the same time on different kinds of pollutants. So whole families of polluting compounds (NOx, SOx, ammonia, odors ...) are eliminated or greatly reduced;
- the flexibility: compact and limited in its absolute size, the plant can also be used in exterior without any problems;
- is extremely compact and realized in INOX steel; internally there are not components that may break or deteriorate in consequence of usury or traction/compression stresses. The equipment doesn’t have any filtering material and doesn’t need any other kind of replace;
- is reliable. It’s designed to work 24h/24h;
- doesn’t contain any kind of filtering material (bags, cartridges, membranes, random packing,…), so it needs few maintenance;
- can be used with fuels having various humidity levels. Frequently, the extreme variability of the water content in the biomass may cause increments of pressure drops, blocks or clogging in competing technologies.
- by-pass electro-pneumatic shutter that forces the flow through the filter when the boiler is functioning;
- automatic system for the pumps back-up;
- pressure stabilizer;
- winter – pack for external use
PWS® system: maintenance service
- Verify wet filter’s proper functioning
- Keep high filtration efficiency
- Reduce economic and energetic wastes
- Comply with safety and environmental rules and regulations
Contact us for more information
PWS®| Wet filter for combustion and biomass / Info request
Send here technical requirements, for proposal or proposals for collaboration, we are committed to respond within 24 hours.